skip to content

Working for Families


Independent Contractor

Are you interested in flexible, meaningful work? Respite gives family caregivers a chance to renew their energy, and providing that short break can be a rewarding and satisfying work experience.

Family caregivers who use Wesway's Family Directed Respite Funding need to find someone to help them get a needed break. Independent contractors meet those needs by providing short periods of respite care. Independent contractors provide active living opportunities for a child, adult or senior with an eligible disability or chronic health condition, by spending time with them in the family home or out in their community.

Independent contractors work directly for the family they provide with respite, and are not employed by Wesway.

How to become an Independent Contractor

There are two ways to begin the processes. If you live in the City or east of Thunder Bay, you can visit, an online tool for families and workers, for information on becoming an independent contractor with a Wesway family. If you prefer, or if you live east of Thunder Bay, please send your resume to Karen Maki- wesway%23com|kmaki, or call Karen at (807) 625-6696. For the west of Thunder Bay, please send your resume to Megan Elsey - wesway%23com|melsey, or call Megan at (807) 625-6672. You can also reach us Toll Free at (888) 623-2353.

Go to top